Most of the lawyers at a music trivia night might have started practising law when Soundgarden rather than Schoolboy Q were moving the kids, but a music trivia night is for the young at heart, writes Anthony Jucha
The crowning event of Law Week this year was Redfern Legal Centre’s ‘Rock trivia fundraising event’.
The invitation encouraged contestants to “get competitive” and “get mean” and “claim the title of ‘Most Rockin’ Law Dudes Ever’.”
I was recruited to help out as a scorekeeper on the night. I agreed… for the feel-good factor; for something to write about; and for a couple of cold slices [...]
Launching the Adelaide Edition of Monopoly – as seen on Channel 10 News.
A fun (half hour) interview with Sonya Feldhoff from ‘Afternoons’ at 891 ABC Adelaide about The Campaign for Real Monopoly – started by blogger Jonny Nexus to encourage people to play by the rules.
Click here to listen to Part 1 of the Interview
Click here to listen to Part 2 of the Interview
See also on ABC Radio’s page.
Anthony’s 2004 Adelaide Fringe debut takes us on a journey that bares all. With musical support from Gary and Rob (and constant interruptions by Michael Hicks), the show features such unusual explorations as:
• why spotted ties send the wrong message
• the rejection letter poem
• the army, cocaine, grenades and me
• why thinking about work can actually increase arousal
• losing your virginity; beware the dark blue ring
• hard up at the puppetry of the penis auditions
• the brighter side of breaking your penis
• a long weekend sleeping out with the homeless
If there is a place in hell for you [...]